Veterinarian Services at Fairview Animal Hospital
call us for an appointment at 925-626-7284!
We’re pleased to offer the following services in our Brentwood Pet Clinic:
One of the advantages of having a regular, trusted veterinary resource in Brentwood, is the reassurance that your pet always has access to a wide spectrum of health and wellness veterinary services. Fairview Animal Hospital offers a full range of services for your pet. Whether it be vaccinations, spaying or neutering, or even a basic well-check, our doctors will make sure your pet gets the best possible care.
Types of Pets Seen
Our Brentwood veterinarians at Fairview Animal Hopsital, can care for many types of pets such as:
- Pocket Pets
- and more!
Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
The friendly and compassionate staff at Fairview Animal Hospital are proud to provide numerous services in addition to the following:
- Pet Wellness Exams – Most pets require annual wellness exams so we can check for any health issues that might develop into serious problems without early intervention. (Baby animals and geriatric pets or animals with special health needs should have more frequent checkups.) We perform lab tests, external inspections, vital sign measurements and other evaluations to keep a close eye on your pet’s state of wellness.
- Vaccinations – Pets need to receive “core” vaccination against some of the most common and dangerous infectious diseases that threaten their health or even their lives. We administer several rounds of vaccinations early in life, followed by booster shots at regularly-scheduled intervals to keep your pet’s immunity intact.
- Pet Dental Care – Your pet’s mouth is vulnerable to many of the same problems that afflict humans, especially tooth damage, periodontal (gum) disease and oral cancer. We can perform dental checkups, oral examinations and deep cleanings to protect your pet against these dangers, administering treatment as needed.
- Spaying and Neutering – Spaying and neutering not only provides a valuable service in controlling the population of unwanted animals crowding shelters — it also protects your pet’s health by reducing the risks of cancer and mating-related misbehaviors that could put your pet in harm’s way. We recommend sexual sterilization at 3 to 5 months of age.
- Microchipping – Microchipping inserts a tiny IF chip that sends a unique ID number to RF scanners if your lost pet is recovered. This ID number is stored in a national database containing your contact information so you can be reunited with your pet.
- Nutritional and Behavioral Counseling – Overweight pets are prone to obesity (which in turn raises the risks for several serious diseases), while behavioral issues may have underlying medical causes or simply be a matter of training. We can provide the necessary counseling to help you help your pet.
- Geriatric Pet Health – Senior pets are more prone to chronic illnesses. We can perform comprehensive wellness checks, treat age-related issues and advise you on how to optimize your pet’s quality of life.
Our appointment book is computerized, which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come in immediately. If possible, it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Emergency & Urgent Care
Our veterinarians and personnel are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually, an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet’s life. Emergencies can be things such as accidental ingestion of rat poison, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening. If you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment, our veterinarians will work to “squeeze” you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Monday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Schedule an Exam for Your Brentwood Pet
The best way to keep your beloved companion’s need for our services at a minimum is to prevent health challenges and deal with any issues while they are still in their earliest stages. Implement such a preventative veterinary care strategy right now by calling Fairview Animal Hospital at our Brentwood location to schedule a pet wellness exam and any necessary routine procedures. Our services can help your pet enjoy a long and healthy life! 925-626-7284